Design Review Board
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Design Review Board will be held on Wednesday, August 24, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. via remote participation in accordance with Chapter 107 of the Act of 2022.
Every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. If we are unable to do so on matters not requiring a public hearing, we will post on the City of Salem’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Individuals may participate remotely in the meeting via a remote participation platform called Zoom. Members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting may access the remote participation meeting through any one of the following ways:
- Go to the website link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89878634705?pwd=bjl3bllhUmUyYzhnall0Tms2RXBVZz09; or
- Go to the website link www.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID # 898 7863 4705 and Passcode 337156; or
- Dial toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted enter meeting ID # 898 7863 4705. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting but can follow along with the project materials available for download at: DRB Meeting Materials.
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment. If you would like to make a comment, please use the ‘Raise Hand’ feature; if you are participating via phone, press *9 to raise your hand. The Chair of the Board, with the assistance of City Staff, will provide all participants who have raised their hands an opportunity to speak.
Paul Durand, Chair
J. Michael Sullivan
Signs in the Urban Renewal Area
- 192 Essex Street: Ascend, continued from 7/27/22
- 253 Essex Street: Black Craft, continued from 7/27/22
- 245 Derby Street: Destination Salem Visitor Center
- 231-251 Washington Street: Rivalry
Projects in the Urban Renewal Area
- 298-302 Essex Street: Small Project Review – Painting of commercial window and door trim and painting of residential entry door trim.
- 27 Charter Street: Small Project Review – Installation of additional wireless antennas with support equipment for DISH Wireless.
- 43 Church Street: Small Project Review – Construction of a one-story, semi-permanent outdoor seating area. A portion of the proposed addition is located on land owned by the Salem Redevelopment Authority.
- 120 Washington Street: Sign Review and Small Project Review – Painting of exterior façade and new signage for the Gyro Spot.
Projects Outside of the Urban Renewal Area
There are no projects outside of the Urban Renewal Area to review.
- Approval of Minutes:
- July 27, 2022
- Staff Updates, if any
- SRA: September 14
- DRB: September 28
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A §18-25 and City Ordinance Sections 2-028 through 2-2033.
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.