NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
Public Art Commission
September 20, 2022, 6:30 pm
Meeting will be held via Remote Participation
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Salem Public Art Commission will be held via remote participation in accordance with Chapter 107 of the Act of 2022. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found below.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Recordings and Presentation materials, if any, can be accessed using the Salem Public Art Commission website using the following link and clicking on the date for the meeting you wish to view (https://www.salem.com/node/3751/agenda/2021).
Remote Participation Instructions:
Public participation for the Salem Public Art Commission meeting on the date and time listed above will be conducted via a free remote participation platform called Zoom. The City of Salem strongly encourages any parties who wish to participate in this meeting to download and familiarize themselves with Zoom prior to the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so using one of the following methods:
- Video & Audio Option 1: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to join the meeting:
- Video & Audio Option 2: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to open the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/join or open your Zoom Ap on your smart device. Then enter the Meeting ID# 813 1162 8967 as directed on the webpage and click “Join”. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
- Audio ONLY – Dial 888-475-4499 (or 877-853-5257 if trouble connecting, both are Toll Free) to join the meeting using your phone. When prompted, enter Meeting ID# 813 1162 8967 and follow the instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
Public Comment Protocol:
During portions of the meeting in which public comment is permitted, members of the public who have “raised their hand” in Zoom will be called on to offer comment. Members of the public who wish to address the Commission or make a comment may do so only when called upon during the open public comment portion of the meeting. When the time comes, the Commission Chair or Staff Member will announce that the floor is now open for public comment.
In order to raise a hand, members of the public using the Zoom computer or phone applications may click the “Raise Hand” feature that can be found next to your name on the participants screen to ‘raise your hand’ then wait to be called upon for comment. Please make sure to remember to turn your microphone on and unmute yourself before raising your hand. Those participating by dialing in from their phones my also utilize the “Raise Hand’ feature of this platform by pressing “ *9 ” on your key pad.
Alternatively, members of the public can email their comments/questions to email@example.com a minimum of 2 hours before the start of the meeting to have them read into record during the meeting by City Staff.
Tuesday, September 20, 2022, 6:30 pm
Note: All proposals, presentations, and/or documentation to be reviewed and discussed at this meeting can be viewed online at the following link: https://bit.ly/SalemPACProposals
- Call to Order & Roll Call
- Meeting Minute Approvals
- July 28, 2022 Special Meeting Minutes
- August 16, 2022 Meeting Minutes
- Choate Statue Relocation Update (Request for Comments – No Vote)
- Funding Request: Naumkeag Portrait Project Additional Support (Vote Requested)
- Making It Public Temporary Public Art Call & Timeline Workshopping
- Public Art FY23 (July 2022-June 2023) Work Plan Discussion Continued (Vote Requested)
- Public Comments
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator, as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A § 18-25 and City Ordinance § 2-2028 through § 2-2033.