Notice of Public Meeting
Salem Cultural Council
Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 7:00 pm
Held via Remote Participation
In accordance with Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, and as amended by Chapter 22 of the Acts of 2022, this meeting of the Salem Public Art Commission will be conducted via remote participation. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found below. No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the city’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Recordings and Presentation materials, if any, can be accessed using the Salem Public Art Commission website using the following link and clicking on the date for the meeting you wish to view (https://www.salem.com/node/3751/agenda/2021).
Remote Participation Instructions:
Public participation for the Salem Cultural Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at 7:00pm will be conducted via a free remote participation platform called Zoom.
The City of Salem strongly encourages any parties who wish to participate in this meeting to download and familiarize themselves with Zoom prior to the meeting.
For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so using one of the following methods:
- Video & Audio Option 1: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84303491855?pwd=YlpzRVVrN2RBSTVybFhtd3FwVjJaQT09
- Video & Audio Option 2: Follow this link or enter it into your web browser to open the Zoom website at https://zoom.us/join or open your Zoom Ap on your smart device. Then enter the Meeting ID# 843 0349 1855 as directed on the webpage and click “Join”. Follow the on-screen instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
- Audio ONLY – Dial 888-475-4499 (or 877-853-5257 if trouble connecting, both are Toll Free) to join the meeting using your phone. When prompted, enter Meeting ID# 843 0349 1855 and follow the instructions to join the meeting. Meeting Password is SalemArts.
Public Comment Protocol:
Members of the public who wish to address the Commission or make a comment may do so only when called upon during the open public comment portion of the meeting. When the time comes, the Commission Chair or Staff Member will announce that the floor is now open for public comment. If accessing the meeting using a computer or other smart device and you wish to make a comment, please utilize the “Raise Hand” feature that can be found next to your name on the screen and ‘raise your hand’ then wait to be called upon for comment. Please make sure to remember to turn your microphone on and unmute yourself before raising your hand. Those participating by dialing in from their phones my also utilize the “Raise Hand’ feature of this platform by pressing “ *9 ” on your key pad. More detailed instructions for asking questions and other meeting protocols are available at https://www.salem.com/salem-cultural-council and will be reviewed at the start of the meeting.
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Roll Call
- Prior Meeting Minutes Vote
- Discuss Treasurer Position
- Upcoming Events the Council Funded
- Application Update
- 2023 Grantee Party Update
- WordPress Site Update
- Any Additional Business
John Dobroski, Council Chair, SalemCulturalCouncil@Salem.com
Julie Barry, Council Staff Representative; Senior Planner of Arts & Culture, email@example.com
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator, as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 30A § 18-25 and City Ordinance § 2-2028 through § 2-2033.