City of Salem
Zoning Board of Appeals
Will hold a public hearing for all persons interested in the petition of HELEN F. SIDES for a special permit per Section 3.3.5 Nonconforming Single- and Two-Family Residential Structures of the Salem Zoning Ordinance to expand a nonconforming two-family home by adding a 4’ by 7’ balcony within the required side yard setback at 90 FEDERAL STREET (Map 26, Lot 627, Block 801) (R2 Zoning District). The public hearing will be held on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM via remote participation with instructions below and to be posted to the City Calendar and the Board of Appeals page on www.salem.com no later than May 13, 2020, in accordance with Chapter 40A of the Massachusetts General Laws and Governor Baker’s Emergency Order dated March 12, 2020.
Pursuant to Governor Baker’s March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §20,and the Governor’s March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the City of Salem Zoning Board of Appeals will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Specific information and the general guidelines for remote participation by members of the public and/or parties with a right and/or requirement to attend this meeting can be found on the city’s website, at www.salem.com. For this meeting, members of the public who wish to watch, listen or provide comment during the meeting may do so in the following manner:
- Go to the website link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83324292561?pwd=bEYzZFlIQXpNemE5UGJZV3UvZit6QT09
- Go to the website link https://zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID # 833-2429-2561 followed by meeting password 953070, if directed to do so on screen.
- Dial toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted enter meeting ID # 833-2429-2561 followed by meeting password 953070, if directed. Those only dialing in only will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting, but can follow along with the project materials available for download at salem.com/zoning-board-appeals
- Watch the meeting live on Salem Access Television Chanel 22.
The meeting will be opened early at 6:15 pm for testing of audio. Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments during the portion of the hearing designated for each agenda item. Members of the public will be asked to use the virtual “Raise Hand” function in Zoom to indicate that they would like to provide comment.
- Dial *9 on your phone’s dial pad to raise your hand if you are using the toll-free phone number.
- Click the “raise hand” button if you are using the Zoom application on your computer or phone.
Members of the public can alternatively email their comment before the start of the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on the City’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
Know Your Rights Under the Open Meeting Law, M.G.L. c. 30A Sections 18-25 and City Ordinance Sections 2-2028 through 2-2033.