THE FOLLOWING ARE MANDATORY SAFETY STANDARDS TO VISIT OUR PARK FOR 2020.
COVID – 19 Mandatory Safety Standards:
- If you are showing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 we respectfully ask that you DO NOT visit our park at this time and please reschedule your trip for another time.
- All out-of-State visitors and residents of Massachusetts returning from out-of-State must comply with the effective mandatory coronavirus travel order. For further information, visit mass.gov.
- Our office will be open with procedures in place to limit contact with our staff at check-in and during your stay.
- Please only have one person from your party come into the office to register. If there is someone in the office registering, please wait outside until they are done.
- We understand that part of camping is sitting around a campfire with friends. We ask that you understand that we have been allowed to open with the assurance to the State of Massachusetts that guests will continue to social distance. This means that if you are camping with friends there is no gathering for meals or sitting around a campfire in groups larger than 7. We know that you want everyone to be safe, as do we. Those that cannot follow this safety standard will be asked to leave.
- Guests at our park are expected to practice social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of 6 feet between them from anyone that does not live in your home or dwelling. Face covering must be worn at all times when in proximity of people who do not live in your home or dwelling. If you are meeting friends at our park for the weekend we absolutely expect these safety standards to be followed as it is not only your health on the line but failure to follow these guidelines may jeopardize our ability to remain open for your enjoyment.
- Masks must be worn at all times when you are off of your campsite and in all buildings on our property, this includes restrooms. Max occupancy for all buildings will be posted outside of the building. Please adhere to the occupancy numbers and wait patiently for others to exit.
- Please do not ask for an exemption to any of the above safety standards. The Massachusetts Campground Association and the State of Massachusetts worked together to put these guidelines in place so the struggling camping industry could open. These guidelines are meant to keep you, as well as our staff, healthy. Following these guidelines is imperative not only to our business but ALL Massachusetts campgrounds. There will be no exemptions authorized.
- Thank you for understanding the above mandatory safety standards and helping us work together with the State of Massachusetts to stop the spread of COVID-19. Breaking the above policies can effect campgrounds across Massachusetts. Help us show the State that campers can be responsible, follow guidelines, and are able to safely enjoy camping while keeping themselves and others safe from contracting COVID-19.
Rules and Regulations
- Camping reservations must be made exclusively online on reserveamerica.com and will be confirmed only when payment is made in full by credit card.
- If you need to cancel a reservation on reserveamerica.com, it must be seven (7) days, or more, in advance of the scheduled arrival date to receive a refund. A $15 processing fee will be applied to each refund. No refund will be issued for early departures or no-shows. All cancellations must be done online through reserveamerica.com.
- Bath house is open 24 hours a day during the camping season. Masks must be worn at all times in our restroom facilities. An adult must accompany small children. Dishwashing is allowed in the outside sink only.
- Store and office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the camping season.
- Discharge of wastewater at Winter Island Park is prohibited. Gray water may not be drained on the ground. Dumping facilities are available nearby. See staff for details.
- Park gate is closed daily at 10 p.m. and will not reopen until 7 a.m. weekdays, 6 a.m. weekends/holidays. See staff about our after-hours key card policy.
- In case of late-night emergency, call 911.
- Check-in time is 1 p.m to 10 p.m. Check in at the office. Check-out time is 11 a.m. Any gear left on site after check-out time is subject to removal and disposal.
- ID required at check-in. Must be 18 years of age to reserve a camp site. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The Salem Fire Department prohibits ground fires on Winter Island Park property and beaches. All fires must be in elevated firepits. You must bring your own.
- Please respect fellow campers. Do not walk through other campers’ sites. Don't make any loud noises that will disturb other campers at night.
- City of Salem leash law is strictly enforced. Pets are not allowed on beaches between May 15 and October 1. Pets in RVs and campsites must not be left unattended. All pet waste must be properly disposed of in barrels.
- Public consumption of alcohol is prohibited. Violators are subject to ejection from the Park without refund.
- Not all tent sites have on-site parking. Park vehicles as directed by staff. One vehicle per site; additional vehicles will be charged $5 per night and must be registered with the office and obtain a parking pass.
- Limit four (4) adults or one family (maximum seven) per tent site. Two-tent maximum per site. No more than seven people allowed on a tent site at one time, including guests.
- All guests of registered campers must be off Winter Island Park property by 10 p.m.
- Winter Island Park and its assignees are not responsible for personal property loss or damage.
- All campground buildings are smoke free!!
***These policies are subject to change, at the discretion of the management or the City of Salem Park & Recreation Commission.
A full list of rules and regulations is available in the campground office/store. Any violation of the rules and regulations may result in immediate ejection from the park. Anyone ejected will not be entitled to a refund.