Salem Redevelopment Authority
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 – 6:00 pm
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Salem Redevelopment Authority will be held on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. via remote participation in accordance with Chapter 107 of the Act of 2022.
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but the public can listen and or view this meeting while in progress via the remote participation platform Zoom, through any one of the following ways:
- Go to the website link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88478114235?pwd=amlLTXVFQ3JUYlRuR2hxaVl1U3BFUT09 or
- Go to the website link https://www.zoom.us/join and enter meeting ID 884 7811 4235 and passcode 605645, or
- Dial toll-free phone number 877-853-5257. When prompted enter meeting ID 884 7811 4235. Those only dialing in will not have access to the direct video feed of the meeting but can follow along with the project materials available for download at: SRA Meeting Materials.
Members of the public attending this meeting virtually will be allowed to make comments if they wish to do so, during the portion of the meeting designated for public comment. If you would like to make a comment, please use the ‘Raise Hand’ feature; if you are dialing in, please press *9 to raise your hand. The Chair of the Authority, with the assistance of City Staff, will provide all participants who have raised their hands an opportunity to speak.
Executive Director’s Report
Projects in the Urban Renewal Area
- 41 Lafayette Street: Small Project Review – Review of Proposal and DRB Recommendation for the painting of a mural on Central Street façade of Barrio, request to continue to October 12, 2022.
- 30 Church Street: East Regiment Beer Company Request for License Renewal, continued from 8/10/22
- 43 Church Street: Small Project Review – Review of DRB Recommendation for the construction of a one-story addition on the rear of the building to extend the restaurant’s dining area. A portion of the proposed addition is located on land owned by the Salem Redevelopment Authority.
- 120 Washington Street: Small Project Review – Review of DRB Recommendation for the painting of exterior façade for the Gyro Spot.
- 140 Washington Street: Small Project Review – Roof replacement
- 252 Bridge Street and 32-34 Federal Street: Review of DRB’s Design Consultation of the Exchange Salem – Part 1: Redevelopment of 252 Bridge Street, the ‘Crescent Lot’ into a six-story mixed use building with approximately 7,325 square feet of commercial space, up to 120 residential units that will be offered at varying levels of affordability, creation of public spaces, and site improvements, continued from 8/10/22.
- 73 Lafayette Street and 9 Peabody Street: Schematic Design Review – Review of DRB Recommendation for the demolition of existing building at 73 Lafayette Street and construction of new, mixed-use structure with 35,000 square feet for the North Shore Health Center, pharmacy, and urgent care facility and for income-restricted senior housing residential units. Construction of a new mixed-use structure on 9 Peabody Street with income-restricted senior housing residential units, commercial and gallery space, continued from 8/10/22.
- 301 Essex Street: Schematic Design Review – Erect a 3 ½ story addition above the existing building (known as Jerry’s Army & Navy Store) with ten (10) residential units and twelve (12) onsite parking spaces located inside the building at the first-floor rear with retail space fronting on Essex Street, continued from 8/10/22.
- 231 Essex Street: Small Project Review – Remove six windows, replace three with new windows and restore and reinstall three at Rockafellas.
- Redevelopment of the Historic Courthouses and the Crescent Lot: Update on Project Status
- SRA Financials
Approval of Minutes
- July 13, 2022
- August 10, 2022
- DRB: September 28
- SRA: October 12
Adjournment of Regular Meeting
- Annual Report and Financial Report – Executive Director
- Fiscal Year 2023 Goals
- Election of Officers: Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer
- 2023 Meeting Schedule
Know your rights under the Open Meeting Law M.G.L. c. 39 §23B and City Ordinance Sections 2-028 through 2-2033.
Persons requiring auxiliary aids and services for effective communication such as sign language interpreter, an assistive listening device, or print material in digital format or a reasonable modification in programs, services, policies, or activities, may contact the City of Salem ADA Coordinator as soon as possible and no less than 2 business days before the meeting, program, or event.