Annual Dog License
The City of Salem is excited to announce that we are now accepting dog licenses online.
Per the City of Salem Ordinances, Sec. 8-31 all dogs 6 months or older, or who have obtained its first rabies vaccination, must be licensed. The dog license period in Salem runs from April 1 of the current year to March 31 of the following year.
The City of Salem is excited to announce that we are now accepting dog licenses online. We encourage every dog owner in Salem to create an account. It is easy to use, and we think you will find this new system beneficial for:
- Providing the Clerk’s office with up-to-date information
- Paying for the dog’s annual license on-line
- Storing a record of your dog’s current rabies and spay/neuter certificate
- Viewing your dog’s current and previous year dog license
- For printing out additional copies of your dog’s license with the City
- Emailed notifications for renewing your dog’s license
Information and documents you should have on hand:
- Dog’s vet information (name of clinic, primary veterinarian, clinic address and phone number)
- Current rabies certificate
- If applicable, evidence of spay/neuter: a certificate, veterinarian bill or adoption paperwork
- Spayed Female/Neutered Male - $10
- Intact (Un-spayed Female/Un-neutered Male) – $15
- Late Fees (for previously licensed dogs) - $15 plus any previous year(s) not paid
Payment can be done online using credit, debit or personal check.
If you have an ADA-approved service dog, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 978-619-5611.
Dog registration is still available this year by mailing in a completed dog license application.